Weekend Walkabout, Bike or Hike
Sprotbrough Circular - Cusworth Hall & the Transpennine trail Walk
Saturday 15 February 11am
A lovely 5 mile walk in the countryside on designated paths. Starting at Ancorage Lane and heading towards the Transpennine Trail entrance.
Walking through the Cusworth Hall gardens and ponds and exiting on a bridle-path under the A1 and through the fields towards Sprotbrough Road.
Walking along the road and crossing the A1 once again. Turning right heading downhill towards a lovely wooded area before once again crossing the A1 on a designated footbridge.
Through a lovely woodland area towards the Transpennine Trail
and down by the River Don path.
Following the Transpennine trail from the
river and heading up the straight stretch
back towards Sprotbrough and Ancorage Lane
What you need to know
Free to attend
Meeting at the Sprotbrough Park Car park , Ancorage Lane, DN5 8DT at 10.45am, walk begins at 11.00am
Road parking is available on the streets but park responsibly and not to obstruct other road users and residents .(parking is your responsibility )
Wear footwear to suit the terrain, preferable walking boots.
Wear clothing suitable for the weather
A ruck sack with water and refreshments is advisable.
The route is mainly dirt track and this time of year is prone to being muddy
Please register your attendance by contacting the Healing Post via the form at the bottom of the page
Agreeing to participate, The Healing Post will assume you have agreed to the the DISCLAIMER below.
DISCLAIMER FOR THE HEALING POST WEEKEND WALKABOUT,HIKE or BIKE EVENTS
The Healing Post arranges walks, hikes and biking events. Please note the following:
Participation in The Healing Post WEEKEND WALKABOUT,HIKE or BIKE Events activities is strictly voluntary. Attendees assume all the risks in connection with these activities. Therefore please do not attend any of The Healing Post WEEKEND WALKABOUT,HIKE or BIKE Events unless you agree to the following;
• Your accept that your safety at any event is solely your own responsibility.
• By attending any event you agree that the organiser, Tony Booth, Event Hosts, or other participants of The Healing Post WEEKEND WALKABOUT,HIKE or BIKE Events are not responsible or liable for the safety of any attendee.
• As an attendee of The Healing Post WEEKEND WALKABOUT,HIKE or BIKE Events you agree and fully understand that outdoor activities can involve certain risks, hazards and dangers to health. You agree and accept that you alone are responsible for assessing whether or not it is safe to cross roads, bridges, continue along pathways, lanes, roads, country trails, forest trails, and across parks, forests and open countryside.
• As a member of or attendee at The Healing Post WEEKEND WALKABOUT,HIKE or BIKE Events, you agree to HEREBY: RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT The Healing Post Events, organisers, and its participants from liability or to hold them in any way responsible for any injuries, accidents or any other incidents affecting your personal property.
• PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHIC CONSENT: During any event, photographic and/or video material may be collated to be used in our social media networking site. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, this information will not be used for any other purpose. The organizer, CO Hosts, Hosts of The Healing Post events are not responsible for participants taking and posting pictures in the social media. If you DO NOT wish to be photographed/filmed, please let the organizer know as soon as possible before the event.
• The Healing Post WEEKEND WALKABOUT,HIKE or BIKE Events reserves the right to update and make changes to this disclaimer at any time.